Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Who AM I?

Mr. Almo,
I was born in Los Angeles, California. I lived there with my father, mother and my older brother Mark until the company my father worked for moved to Walnut, CA. We then moved to Pomona a near by city which is where I lived for most of my life. Despite the sibling rivalry my brother and I are very close. At the age of seven I got a sister but due to the age difference I never felt as close to her as I did to my brother. At the age of fifteen my parents divorced. My father and brother moved to Arizona while I stayed behind with my mother and sister.

When I was sixteen I moved in with my boyfriend and dropped out of high school. At seventeen I had my first child Joseph. My life revolved around my baby boy. A month before my twenty-first birthday I had my daughter Julie. Six months later I married their father. I had my youngest son Angel in 2004. I was a stay at home mom until I would get bored and either start working or go back to school, sometimes both. I received my GED and took some other courses like Teacher’s Aid, Microsoft office and my favorite Health Care Interpreting at Mt. San Antonio College and did my externship in St. Joseph’s Hospital in CA in 2006. That same year I got a divorce and moved to Phoenix, AZ with my children. At that time most of my family had followed my father to AZ so it was the perfect place to start a new beginning while being surrounded by family.

We have been in AZ for three years now. Raising my children on my own has been the most difficult thing I have ever had to do but it is also very rewarding. I am happier and have no regrets. The kids have continued to excel and are constantly on the honor roll list. That reassures that I made the right decision. I want to set a good example for them especially when it comes to education. My goal is to earn a degree in business and or photography. I am excited about this English class and look forward to the writing assignments.


Sincerely,

Nydia Clarissa

No comments: